Chamberlaine Cycles Terms and Conditions
- Making your Payment
- We accept all major credit/debit cards including American Express Payment may be made by telephone. Please have your card details to hand. Transaction Rules PLEASE NOTE WE ONLY DESPATCH GOODS TO THE REGISTERED BILLING ADDRESS FOR THE CARD. This must be the same address as stated on your card statment (Please check this prior to filling our your details) FAILURE TO SUPPLY US WITH THE CORRECT NAME AND ADDRESS WILL STOP YOUR ORDER BEING PROCESSED
- How to Contact Us
- A full set of contact details is included on our contact page including a simple form for you to use to email us.
- Shipping and Handling
- Carriage Charges
BIKES Free Carriage (unless otherwise stated, e.g. some special offer bikes) UK Mainland Excluding Scottish Highlands.
Additional charges for other destinations will be automatically calculated for other destinations chosen from the drop down list in our shopping basket page. These are stated clearly prior to you submitting your order.
ACCESSORIES BELOW £75 WILL BE CHARGED £5.00 POSTAGE AND PACKING up to a maximum of 4kgs
ALL ORDERS ON ACCESSORIES OVER £75 WILL BE POSTED FREE OF CHARGE
The above charges apply to UK mainland only
The shopping cart will calculate an accurate shipping/delivery charge for you as you select your items.
On occasion, the quoted shipping charge may be higher than we will charge, however it will NEVER be lower.
In an attempt to provide a quick service, items in stock will be posted as soon as possible, normally same/next day.
Safe Assembly of Bicycles
With the exception of 'Sale Childrens 12", 14" and 16" wheel cycles', all bicycles will be prepared by our trained mechanics prior to shipping. They will require some assembly prior to riding.
Important Safety Information!
After receiving delivery we strongly recommend that bicycles are assembled by a competent cycle mechanic prior to being ridden.
Please note that due to the oversize nature of Pashley transportation cartons,
Pashley Tricycles and Bicycles do not enjoy free carriage.
Please call for a quotation for delivery costs.
Please note that childrens cycles 16" wheel or smaller are now sent out as boxed, and will need to be serviced by an experienced mechanic to ensure safety and comply with warranty terms and conditions. Sale children's cycles will be subject to a labour charge for preparation if collected in store.
- Your Security and Credit Card Security
- As a valued customer we have to the best of our abilities tried to ensure that none of your personal information is at risk while using this site.
- All prices quoted on this website include VAT at the UK rate of 15%
- Your privacy
- Back Orders
- Order Confirmation Once you have placed an order with us, we will contact you, to confirm your preferred payment method and to confirm the availability of your products. If we do NOT have any of the products that you require, you will be told at the point that we contact you and you will be under no obligation to proceed with the purchase of those goods. Expected Time of Delivery You will be offered the option to Back Order the items. We will endeavour to give you a true indication of the date upon which you should expect to receive said goods. Please understand that this is only and estimate based on the best information available to us at the time. We will request a deposit for ordering specific goods on your behalf where relevant (these details will be given to you at the point when we contact you). Failure to Supply Although extremely rare, ordered goods can be delayed due to unforseen circumstances. In the event that we fail to secure the goods you have back ordered within a reasonable time of the estimated time of arrival, you will be under no obligation to proceed further with that order. Cancelling Back Orders Should you choose to cancel a back ordered item BEFORE our expected delivery date, we reserve the right to withhold a reasonable proportion of any deposits already paid.
- If you wish to complain.
- We take our service seriously and welcome your comments and complaints. Please make any complaints to Nick (Sales Director) via email or telephone 020 7485 4488.
- If goods need to be collected for any reason, all postage charges will be the responsibility of the buyer
- Warranty Returns
- In the unlikely event that you have to make a warranty claim, it is essential that contact us via email or telephone to discuss an appropriate course of action. This may include, repair or replacement and return to the buyer. Please note that Labour and Transportation costs are excluded from ALL warranty claims.
- Damage In Transit
- Although we make every effort to ensure your goods are carefully packed and delivered using a quality service, very occasionally damage can occur. Please check your goods thoroughly before signing to say that you have received them in good condition This is very important as we will need to claim from the couriers if ever they are responsible for such damage. Please do not amend the signature sheet in any way. We will not accept any claim for goods signed 'unchecked'. Please note if you declare that you have received your item in good condition, it is very difficult to later claim that your item was in fact damaged in transit. If you do receive an item which on inspection is unacceptably and or substantially damaged, You Must Refuse Delivery. What Next? Contact us immediately on 020 7485 4488 or 020 7485 3983 giving a clear reason for refusal. We can then arrange for a replacement item to be sent out to you as soon as we receive and inspect the returned item. You will not be charged for this unless the goods are found on inspection to be undamaged. Please retain any packaging from the product until you are entirely happy with it.
- Non Warranty Returns
- We will accept the return of any UNUSED item within 7 days of delivery. For this type of return the customer is responsible for the safe return of the item and for all the delivery charges involved with the transaction. You must additionally contact us (either by telephone or e-mail to gain your returns number) and to inform us of your decision to return your order prior to sending it to us. This is consistent with the Department of Trade and Industry's distance selling regulation. Please note: The goods MUST be packed to the same standard it was received to avoid damge to the product.
- All bicycles supplied by E Chamberlaine and Son Ltd (Chamberlaine Cycles) conform to BS6102/1. Should any original component prove defective in terms of material deficiency or workmanship within the warranty period We will either replace or repair it free of charge. "Competition" goods are supplied for specialist use and are subject to extreme wear and stress whilst in use. Life expectancy and durability are greatly reduced and purchasers should note that any claim for failure/wear shall be limited to that of the manufactures guarantees. It is agreed that such use shall be a relevant circumstance for the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended). Manufacturers may also limit guarantees when components or items are installed for competition use. All claims however must be submitted to us in writing within the guarantee period stated on the accompanying handbook. E. Chamberlaine and Son Ltd liability covers parts only, but does not cover labour charges from other cycle dealers, transportation charges or consequential loss. It is therefore the responsibility of the purchaser to return the cycle or component to us for assessment, replacement, or repair. This guarantee does not cover the effects of normal wear and tear, or damage caused by accident, abuse or neglect. No bicycle is indestructible, and for this reason we are unable to guarantee cycles or components for any type of off road use, as damage is more likely to result. Our Warranty excludes the following items tyres, light bulbs, cables, inner tubes, chains and batteries. We strongly recommend before riding your cycle or using your accessories that you read and understand fully any relevant information supplied with it as the content supplied contains very important information regarding the safe operation of your cycle or goods. Failure to do so could result in serious injury and or death. Servicing is a necessary part of enjoying your cycling. We recommend servicing being carried by an approved dealer for your product. Please note failure to have your product serviced at an authorised dealer could mean your warranty becoming null and void - see owners manuals for details. We strongly advise you that prior to changing the manufacturers specification of your product eg: fitting longer travel forks that you contact the manufacturer for approval.
- Registered Office
- 75-77 Kentish Town Road London NW1 8NY Registered in England 612564